Which Greek Island
People keep asking me about the best greek island, usually for a summer vacation.
1. When to Visit a Greek IslandThe first and most important thing is to decide on the period for your holiday. Note that the same island may look completely different in during the low and the high season. There are the following - indicative - seasons:
2. Greek Island BeachesOne of the most important factors in picking the right greek island are the beaches.
3. Greek Island CostCost is always an important factor, so you should know that there are more and less expensive greek islands. Combine that with the period and you might get a super low or a super high holiday.
4. Greek Island SizeSize matters, especially when picking a greek island. Small greek islands may have less things to do, but it is easier to get around and you will not get tired by long distances. However, even in a large island you can stay in one place and ignore the rest.
5. Greek Island Access
6. Greek Island ActivitiesWhat do you like to do during your vacation? Only sun and the sea, or do you want to visit places, go to museums, etc? If you like doing and seeing different stuff, then make sure you pick a greek island that will not bore you.
7. Greek Island HopingIf you plan to go on a greek island hoping spree, you should carefully plan which greek island to visit and with with order, so that you optimise your trip and minimize the distances.