, like in the rest of Crete
, You will find countless amazing beaches for every taste. Here are the most indicative beaches of Chania in clockwise order.
- Elafonisi (Southwest Crete - Chania): One of the most stunning beaches of Greece with pink sand and exotic turquoise sea.
- Palaiochora (Southwest Crete - Chania): The two beaches of Palaiochora are large and organized, offering sand and clean sea.
- Grammeno (Southwest Crete - Chania): A large beautiful beach with sand and crystal shallow water. The beach is organized, bu there are also trees for shade.
- Orthi Ammos (Southeast Crete - Chania): A stunning beach of rare natural beauty. It has light sand and shallow blue sea that is usually calm.
- Fragkokastello (Southeast Crete - Chania): A lovely stretch of sand with clean shallow sea. It is partly organized while there are some trees near the castle.
- Sfakia (Southeast Crete - Chania): One of the beaches of Sfakia is Vrysi: A small sandy beach with crystal sea, umbrellas and sunbeds.
- Glyka Nera (Southeast Crete - Chania): An impressive beach of wild beauty with blue-green water on the foot of a steep rocky slope.
- Sougia (South Crete - Chania): A large unorganized beach with sand and pebble, preferred for camping and nudism.
- Falaserna (Northwest Crete - Chania): Falaserna is one of he most famous beaches in Crete with white sand and clean crystal sea.
- Mpalos (Northwest Crete - Chania): The lagoon, which combined with the white sand and shallow turquoise sea gives off an exotic feeling.
- Diktynna - Menies (Northwest Crete - Chania): A small beach of wild beauty, with dark turquoise water and gray thin pebble
- Marathi (Northeast Crete - Chania): A very small beach but it attracts a lot of tourists hanks to its golden sand and clean shallow sea, ideal for little kids.
- Kalyves (Northeast Crete - Chania): Kalyves is a seaside village with two nice sandy beaches at its sides.
- Almyrida (Northeast Crete - Chania): Almyrida is a seaside village. Almyrida beach provides sand, shallow clean sea and tamarisk trees.
- Georgioupoli (Northeast Crete - Chania): A large sandy beach with golden sand an deep blue sea. It is fully organized.
- Platanias (North Crete - Chania): A vast and fully organized beach with light sand and blue shallow sea right by the Platanias village.
- Chrysi Akti (North Crete - Chania): A large and fully organized beach, split in two by a hill.
- Kalathas (North Crete - Chania): A beautiful beach with golden sand and tamarisk trees, but it is exposed to the northern winds.
- Stavros (North Crete - Chania): The small Stavros has blue-green water and the light sand, as it is located in a very closed bay.
- Seitan Limania (North Crete - Chania): This tiny but lovely hidden beach has a turquoise sea and white sand, but getting here is not easy.
Crete - Chania beachesCrete - Chania beachesCrete - Chania beaches