Panagia tou Charou Attraction - Lipsi - Dodecanese
Panagia tou Charou Attraction
Panagia tou Charou is one of the oldest churches on Lipsi, as it was built in 1600. It stands in an idyllic green location outside the Lipsi settlement. The original building was even older, of the 11th or the 12th century. The church got this peculiar name after a rare icon that depicts Panagia holding the Crucified Jesus in her arms. This icon is considered to be miraculous and is currently kept in the church of Agios Ioannis Theologos.
Comments on Panagia tou Charou Attraction
There are no comments yet on Panagia tou Charou attraction...